Hello to the ladies of the A Life Overseas community! This post is a special announcement for Sustain, this year’s Velvet Ashes retreat. It’s being held April 19-22.
In case you haven’t heard of the Velvet Ashes personal retreats before, let me just give you a quick explanation of how they work:
- The retreat materials are online. Everything is downloadable, and you don’t have to travel anywhere. (Though of course if you can get away from your house, that’s a great option too.)
- If poor internet is an issue for you, the retreat resources can be downloaded ahead of time, in either video or audio format.
- You can do the retreat alone, with another person, or with a whole group of people.
- The retreat is extremely affordable. It costs only $10 until March 7! After that the price will increases to $15, so register early.
- The retreat timing is flexible. You can choose from half-day, full-day, and two-day options. You also have access to the retreat materials from April 13 to May 22, in case you can’t get away during April 19-22.
- Click here to watch this year’s video promo.
- And most importantly, register here.
Now a little personal testimonial: I’ve participated in all three retreats offered so far, and I’m looking forward to this year’s retreat as well. They’ve always been good, although I have to say that my best experience was the time I got away with a friend to a hotel for the night (something I’m planning to repeat this year).
When I did the retreat alone, the testimonies were my favorite part. I loved listening to other people’s stories of God working in their lives. When I did the retreat with a friend, however, I was able to dig more deeply into the teaching material because of the conversations we had together.
The retreat themes usually correspond to that spring’s book club discussions and weekly blog post themes, which means you have ample opportunity to process the ideas and let them impact your everyday life, even if you can’t attend the retreat (but of course it’s better if you can!).
And whether or not you participate in this year’s Velvet Ashes retreat, my prayer for you is that you would experience the God of the universe in personal and unforgettable ways. For He is good, and His love endures forever.