The importance of water purification and the need for RO water purifier
The most essential and natural resource which is considered as an essential part of human life is water. Water is pure by nature, but with the growth of population, industries etc. contamination has no limit. Water today is being contaminated with pollutants, chemicals and many organic materials. Thus water becomes strictly unfit for drinking as well as for other uses.
Hazards in water
There is a rise in water pollution and the perils for water-borne diseases are enhanced too. Plants and factories discharge their waste into nearby water bodies and such aspects are unnoticed till date. The health hazards associated with such activities are horrendous. Most people polluting water forget that the same water makes entry into our system. People depend on lakes and river for water consumption and believe that these waters are fresh water. How can we conclude that the water we consume is clean and safe?
People can test the water for contaminants and sure to tag the water unfit for consumption. When contamination is considered, it can differ from one region to the other. There is a number of reasons such as unclean water tanks, water contaminated by bacteria in bore well, corroded pipes, etc. When such unhygienic water is consumed, it leads to a number of illnesses. For overcome such water issues an RO water purifier plant can be the right solution.
Benefits of using RO water purifier
There are ample advantages by making use of an RO water purifier plant. The RO purified water can be the best thing that one can offer their family members.
- Removes contaminants
Contaminated water has a number of negative effects that can cause danger to the human body. The unwanted contaminants can be removed by means of the reverse osmosis process. Heavy metals, as well as microscopic organisms, can be filtered by means of a special membrane. The unwanted contaminants removed are chromium, radium, TDS or total dissolved solids, barium, cyst, fluoride, copper, lead, selenium, and arsenic. When all these are removed, pure drinking water is obtained.
- Various purification stages
There are many stages when an RO purifier is considered. As we proceed, each stage starts to be more and more intense. The users can understand the stages and customize RO purifier according to their choice. Are stages are different and water is filtered through every stage. Each stage is powerful and every stage has its own speciality. From stage one till the end, every stage is moved over to a tougher process for filtering water.
For example, when stage one is considered, it would remove silt and dust, the next stage would have a carbon filter that eradicates bad taste and chlorine along with other chemicals. There is a repetition of carbon filter prior to reaching the reverse osmosis. In the next stage, the water would move over a fine filter so that the impurities are eradicated. The upcoming stage would be passing through a UV filter that kills viruses and bacteria and maintains fresh water.
- Cryptosporidium removed
The center for disease and control has reported that RO purified water is free from cryptosporidium. This is actually a parasite that is found in polluted water. When such polluted water is consumed the parasite causes diarrhea, fever causes stomach cramps and disturbs the small intestine. When this parasite is ingested by children it may lead to malnutrition and dehydration.
- Good taste
When the debris and chemicals in water are removed, the taste of water is even better. The water tastes good when compared with tap water.
With such dangerous health hazards, it is important to plan for a clean and safe drinking water for all family members. In that case, the RO water purifier plant can be the best choice.
The reverse osmosis is a water filtration mechanism for purifying water. Usually, the filtration system has a semi-permeable membrane where water and solvents pass through. The dissolved solutes that lead to water contamination are blocked by the membrane. The reverse osmosis process also filters varieties of contaminants such as chemicals, microorganisms, pesticides, ions etc. This is considered as an effective method for water purification.
The reverse osmosis method has many components that play a main role in water purification.
- Pre-filter: The water flows initially passes through the RO pre-filter. Carbon filters and sediments are the most commonly utilized pre-filters. The main function of these filters is to eradicate chlorine content, dirt and other pollutants in water.
- Reverse osmosis membrane: The RO membrane plays a key role and is a significant component in the system as it eliminates all impurities in water.
- Storage tank: This is the main tank that contains purified treated water. Different RO systems have different storage capacity and hence it is important to check all details before purchasing.
- Post-filters: The water enters the RO faucet or final post filters before getting stored in the storage tank. The process here is that it has a carbon filter and its main function is to eliminate bad odour and also enhances the taste.
- Drain line: This line drains out the contaminated water.
- UV disinfection: The UV disinfection has a UV lamp that destroys pathogens. These rays have the capability to kill all of microbes.
- Ultrafiltration: In this stage hydrostatic pressure is utilized and water is forced through the semipermeable membrane. This process is where pathogens, bacteria, colloids and molecules larger than pores are removed.
These are the few stages in the RO process, where water runs through. The water reaches after complete purification.
The RO water purifier plant is safe and beneficial and has a number of benefits. With the enhanced rate of water pollution, deciding to use water purifier is a safe way to live a healthy life. The water is pure and tasty and also assures the family members a healthy and safe life. Individuals can hence glimpse through the various RO water purifiers available and choose one that best suits daily water needs.